Increased utility bills, inefficient heat, and a broken furnace in the middle of the winter season are just some of the annoying consequences of keeping an old furnace. And having a broken furnace is not an option, especially in the freezing cold of Edmonton.
A dying furnace can lead to increased costs, and it will give you a signal of its imminent death using various tell-tale signs. Old furnaces require expensive repairs to keep them going, and it is a sign to get your furnace replaced with newer models efficiently.
Here are Some Visible and Apparent Signs That Show That Your Furnace is Dying.
- Uneven Temperatures: As your furnace begins to age, it does not produce the quality air it used to. If you notice a stark change in temperature when moving from one room to the other, there is probably an issue with the furnace. This might lead to constantly adjusting the thermostat, while there is no issue with it in reality. This needs to be checked out by HVAC technicians immediately.
- Age of the Furnace: The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years. If your furnace is approaching that phase, you need to consider replacing it as soon as possible. We know you don’t want to spend too much of your money on repairing the old furnace. So, it’s better to get it replaced and invest in a more efficient furnace.
- Too Many Repairs: Another prominent sign of a dying furnace is that it requires a lot of repairs when it reaches the old-age phase. You might need to spend a lot of money on new components and parts that might be costly. Hence, to avoid those costs, consider replacing your furnace with a better one.
- Unusual Sounds and Odors: If you hear unusual noises like banging or clanking coming out of your furnace, then chances are that the furnace components have an issue. It might also signify a gas issue. Similarly, if you smell strange odors coming out of the furnace, then it might be possible that there are gas issues with the furnace, et cetera. Both of these signify a dying furnace, as the components of the unit are failing.
- Dry House: An old furnace has issues in cleaning up the air of your house. This can lead to mold and pollen allergies that can be harmful to your family. This is because old furnaces aren’t able to humidify or clean the air, rendering a feeling of staleness in the house.
- Leaking Carbon Monoxide: If your furnace is getting old, cracks might develop in the heat exchanger, which can lead to Carbon Monoxide leaking out. Carbon Monoxide is a poisonous gas and can cause serious health problems. Some of them are headaches, burning feelings, and nausea. Get this immediately checked out by HVAC technicians, as it can be dangerous for you and your family.
Apart from these tell-tale signs, several other issues like a yellow flickering flame, a pilot light, et cetera are visible signs of an old furnace.
If you need your old furnace replaced, contact Mobil Heating & A/C, as we have the best furnace replacement Edmonton team who are experienced and skilled at what they do. If you wish to know more or connect with us, contact us on 780-463-5063.