Regular furnace maintenance is necessary for an effectively working heating unit. It helps in managing the performance of the furnace up to the mark. Also, it helps to lower the electricity bills and save your family from dangerous conditions, such as CO leakage or sudden electric sparking. Thus make a comfortable and cozy home with the help of annual furnace maintenance in Edmonton.
Here is some information that will help you maintain your heating unit and the comfort of your home. Make a checklist and inspect the furnace without missing any single step.
The Simplest Checklist For Furnace Maintenance Includes
The process of a heating tune-up needs a customized checklist because the requirements of different HVAC units vary from each other. Thus, you should contact your HVAC contractor for furnace maintenance in Edmonton to get the best suggestions for your heating system. However, here is a primary checklist recommended by several HVAC technicians.
- The functional components of your furnace need to be lubricated. Lubrication reduces the friction between these parts and prevents them from wearing off.
- If the functional components, such as motors, bearings, and fans, are worn off, replace them.
- Clean and adjust the electrodes and pilot light.
- Inspect the burner combustion, blower motor, and gas pressure to ensure proper functioning.
- Clean the ducts and vents to ensure proper airflow.
- Check the heat exchanger for any damage, corrosion, or crack. If found, they need to be replaced immediately.
- Inspect all the wiring of the house to ensure proper power conduction without any risk to the home.
- Check carbon mono-oxide leakage with the help of a CO analyzer.
- Inspect the fuel of the furnace.
- Check the programmable thermostat and change the batteries if needed.
- Test the heating controls to ensure proper cycling of the system.
- Tighten the gas connection as required.
- Check the gas valves and oil pumps for correct function.
- Clean or change the air filter to avoid the entry of any allergen inside the house.
- Adjust the pressure regulator and oil nozzle.
- Replace oil filters regularly.
- Inspect the ductwork and look for any loose joint. If there is any loose connection, seal it properly.
- If you found any damage in the heating system that you can not fix, immediately contact a furnace installation in Edmonton and let them fix the issue.
This furnace maintenance checklist will help you inspect the heating system and prepare it for the fall season or winter. It would help to avoid panic and prepare a similar checklist every year before using the furnace after the dormant phase during summers.
Mobile Heating & A/C company is one of the best air conditioning and furnace installation companies in Edmonton. Our team works extremely hard to make your home comfortable to bear the drastic temperature changes. Our customers can call us on (780) 463-5063 in any HVAC emergency. You can also email at to book an online appointment now. Visit the official website of Mobile Heating & A/C to know the best offers of the season.