A furnace typically lasts for 10-20 years. That’s a fact. But within the course of those 10-20 years, how to figure out how long your furnace is going to last? Your furnace might give you numerous visible signs that indicate it is slowly going out.
It is best to replace your furnace before that unless you want to pay hefty bills and suffer in the chilly cold. The tiniest of things can disturb your furnace’s efficiency, and if the same problem persists, then it leads to a reduction in your furnace’s lifespan.
But, how to detect for sure that there is something inherently wrong with your furnace? Or that your furnace is going out?
- Flame Color: If the color of the flame is yellow instead of blue, then it is not burning properly. It can lead to harmful CO emissions, hazardous for your family’s health. So, monitor the level of CO produced by your furnace using a carbon monoxide detector.
- Rising Utility Bills: There might be various causes behind your furnace’s utility bills being excessively high. The problem might lie in the air filter, other dirty components, and so on. However, if it is still facing an issue after a thorough clean-up, then the problem might be something bigger. So, contact a professional to help you with that as the problem has a deeper root than expected. Our furnace replacement Edmonton team is always ready to help you with that!
- The Buildup of Moisture: If you experience certain dampness in several house rooms, then there is an issue of airflow. It might also signify problems with the vents.
- Old Age: Furnaces do not last for more than 20 years usually. If they do, then it’s a miracle! But generally speaking, this does not happen. So, if your furnace has completed its lifespan, then it’s time to get a new one that is more efficient and comfortable for you.
- Frequent Repairs: If you have to repeatedly call an HVAC technician to resolve problems with your furnace, then it might be something serious. Furnaces are usually set for the heating season with just maintenance and tune-up. However, if the problem persists even after that, it is better to replace it.
- Uneven Heating in the House: Your furnace is probably struggling to produce quality hot air, which leads to the development of cold spots in your house. It cannot manage to heat your house due to failing parts or just dust and dirt. However, it also signifies that it has reached its limit. So, replace it with feeling more comfortable and at ease.
- Strange and Loud Sounds: If you begin to hear loud and strange noises like rattling, rattling, and banging coming from your furnace, then it’s time to get it looked at by a professional. Often, these issues suggest a certain degree of danger. So, better to take precautions.
There are many other signs as well. But for the time being, these are the prominent ones. However, if you feel that your furnace is now old, you should contact an HVAC company. Our furnace repair Edmonton team is always there to help with the repairs, but even then, you should consider replacement seriously.
For more details about Mobil Heating & A/C and to get free quotes, contact us on our website or via phone on 780-463-5063!